Wednesday, May 18, 2011

The “X” factor


How many of you, passed that up as something to do with your ex-girlfriend. I guess most of you did. Well, the X factor over here is more to do with that hidden element or persona that attracts people to you. Mind you, by popular consensus, X factor would mean exuding sensuality or is it? Not the one to conform to such social idiosyncrasies, I pondered upon the last couple of years. And voila! The X factor started of meaning something totally different, years before. In today’s context it’s a whole new ball game.

By and large most of my friends would believe, “X” factor today, in the eyes of your girl would constitute anything but your good looks. Oh! It does pay to have DDG looks, but that’s as far as it can take you. Going by experiences (both by friends and personal) it’s all about the moolah and don’t you deny it! Honestly, we as a society are to be blamed for that. Parents keep infusing materialistic ideas into their kids, add to that peer pressure. Today you come across a girl, you manage to get that positive vibes, next thing you know, it’s a date. Just when you pop the question of something long term, the say it all parents barge in with a deterring question, “How much do you earn?” I would’ve thought, it’s a union of souls getting together, not an auction where the highest bidder takes it all! And I’m sure the girls would sway in the same direction. I sincerely believe, its turning out into one of them, official girl trading business. As much as the opposite sex tries to evade the fact, it is the drastic truth. Maybe it is a way of getting back to the male species, based on our past attitude. But who am I to fence off this new communal reform, although this new “X Factor” definition is the toast of the town.

This post may seem like nagging for most of you. But don’t you think that’s what is going around?

Cheers!

1 comment:

Vicksblogger said...

Not sure about Others. But I can relate to that. Just bared the Brunt of this Fact few days Back. The Logic behind this is If guy earns Well, He is Well Settled. But Why Don't they think that What If Suddenly there is decrease in the Salary due to Recession or Bad performance? I am sure They don't have answer for This Question.