Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Why can’t people change, even after having a family?

That’s one thing I really ponder about. What they were before marriage is the past. They haven’t learned how to behave after getting married. Doesn’t having a family, prick their conscience? It’s so disturbing, they have grown up kids and yet they (parents) remain egoistical. It’s been so long, still they stick with their big egos.

A case in point, one of my sister-in-laws. She has two daughters, the elder one is in college, while the younger daughter is in second grade. This woman doesn’t know how to speak, both when in family gatherings and in presence of friends. She blurts out with unnecessary negative comments. At times she is straight out blunt to a family member. To make matters worse it’s a love marriage. God alone knows if my cousin (her husband) has tried to run sense into her.

Now on the other hand, we have my parents. Mummy has been the steadfast, loyal, understanding and loving mother. Where as my Dad, a total no good, nonsensical, egoistic, sorry ass example of a husband and father. My Mum keeps praying to God, to drill some sense into him, since the last 33 years (would you believe it). But there’s no effect or change in my Dad. It’s come to a point where I have lost all hope in him or God for that matter. I just keep flowing with the days. I wonder what kept my Mother so patient. Was it God or the responsibility she has (read my brother, me and the house?) I am still struggling with that. The strange thing is, my Dad is all forgiving and caring about my doings. I can’t say the same about his attitude towards my brother or Mother.

My Mother has a lot of patience (look at the three of us and you’ll see what I mean).

They say people who write a lot in their journals or diaries die early. I just wish my Dad had followed something similar.

Thanks Mummy for EVERYTHING !!

No comments: